DYNAMIC STRETCHING – IMPROVE YOUR WARM UP
The best warm up is specific to your sport and will include a variety of dynamic stretches.
- improve range of motion
- improve speed/power/strength
- reduce risk of injury
- Dynamic stretching follows an initial aerobic based warm up such as an easy jog for 5-10min
- The dynamic stretch is 10 - 30 ‘bounces’ or repetitions at a moderate pace for each exercise
- Always work within your range of motion
- Never do something that is painful, it should feel comfortable
I have created a video demonstrating every dynamic stretch I could think of.
Incorporate the ones that are relevant to your sport into your warm up routine and see how you feel in training and competitions.
Do you have any different warm up strategies that you find work well?